Treated Algae....next step?

Jul 6, 2016
Springfield Ga
This is our second season with our 26x52 round intex ag pool. Its about 15000 gals. So we had three days of really hard rain and upper 90s weather. I didn't shock it until after all the rain. Well it turned cloudy then kinda light green, not swampy tho. So I called pool place. They recommend shock & algicide. So I dbl shocked then added 20oz of extra blue algicide. Well it lighten the green tint up some.this was three days ago. Btw I use text strips bc thts all I hv at the moment. I dnt hv the time or $ to get a test kit rt now. I also hv two small girls under the age of five, so what lil I've learn on the site has been after midnight. ... I really just need some help. So bk to the situation. I just applied the second round of algicide yesterday and a clarifier today. How do I know if all the algae is gone? The water is still super cloudy & I cnt see the bottom but I've been vacuuming and brushing it several times a day as well as rinsing the filter. The chlorine level was high after shocking but tht afternoon was low again. So today I decided to add 1/2 gal of bleach and three pounds of baking soda to see if it would help. By this afternoon the chlorine level was low again So I added another 1/2 gal of bleach. What else can I do tp help clear the water quicker and am I doing the rt thing. Please any advice will be appreciated.

The purchase of a testkit will actually save you money in the (not so) long run. The algaecide, which we don't recommend to clear a pool, is unnecessary.

I had a hard time deciding to take the plunge into DIY pool care, but I did it for my family so that they would have a safe and sanitary pool. Best investment I ever made in terms of pool care. Hands down.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.