Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Existing deck

1. Back To Top    #1

Existing deck

Hello,

Not sure my question is in the right forum but here goes. We are planning to build a pool and not sure what to do with our existing deck. It's a concrete deck and only a year old. One PB suggest to pour over new concrete but that will cover all part of the weep holes. Any other suggestions that we can match the old and new deck? Can we acid washed with no stained (I don't like the look of stained deck) on both?

What did everyone do when building a pool with an existing deck?

Thank you!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Existing deck

We were in the same spot. We used an acrylic coating, like kool deck, but a different manufacturer. We're happy with the results: cleans up easier than bare concrete, it really is cooler than concrete and didn't really add any height to the existing deck.
    20k IG gunnite/diamond brite, chlorine, cart filter, VS intelleflo pump, 400k mastertemp heater, easytouch 8, TF100. 20x40 free form, beach entry, attached spa, gunnite slide.

3. Back To Top    #3

We're doing a spray deck that will be done on top of our new and existing deck to make them match.

Started 5/31/16. 38'x23', 618 sqft., <14,000 gallons, 8' spa.Travertine coping. Raised beam w/3 sheers. Large sunshelf w/3 bubblers. SWG IC40, Pentair VSP, 520 cartridge, color LED lights, Easy-touch, screen logic, Maytronics S300i robot, and Wet Edge Prism Matrix finish (Deep Sea Blue with Indigo plaster). Build Thread: Another in Texas - Cypress Texas | MUD District | HOA Approval | Great Escapes Pools

4. Back To Top    #4

Thank you so much. I'll look into this option.