Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Savi melody/sol lights.

1. Back To Top    #1

Savi melody/sol lights.

I'm looking to put some savi lights in my new construction pool. Gonna do a 28 w sol light under board and 2 14 w melody light down side. What are the opinions or other options that are nicheless

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Savi melody/sol lights.

Those SAVI are awesome I think while expensive that is exactly what I am going with..

Jandy seems to have the same type now..

Nicheless LED Pool Lights
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks!!

4. Back To Top    #4

Jandy purchased Savi.

Recognize that Jandy will not warranty the lights if they are not 'professionally' installed. They will also not provide any warranty support unless you pay a company or 'professional' to come out and do all the work.
    In ground, plaster, medgrey; 30k Gall; irregular, approx 32x18 feet ;4' to 9' depth
    1.5HP whisperflo w/ NSP72 DE filter; Solar heat (12x12x4 Fafco); Disappearing edge (2HP whisperflo for edge); waterwitch
    Salt Chlorinator abandoned after 3 replacements and 6 cells over 18 years....

5. Back To Top    #5

What do they think you will mess up?

6. Back To Top    #6

In the Industry

Quote Originally Posted by Kfkruse View Post
    What do they think you will mess up?
    Wire them directly to 120V
    25K aggregate IG, Intellipro, FNS48, Polaris 360, PG2000 fiber optic light source

7. Back To Top    #7

Pentair also has nicheless lights.

Jandy has two reasons for not supporting the DYI community. First is they have many distributors who have invested a great deal of money in Jandy's products both in purchases and training. They feel an obligation to support those dealers. Second is that Jandy didn't like paying warranty claims to DYI pool owners who made mistakes and compromised the product. Even though these products are expensive to you and mee a warranty claim is individually small. Its my understanding they found themselves paying too many small warranty claims from DYI.
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by thepoolman View Post
    Wire them directly to 120V
    Well I guess there are those people out there lol