intex sand pump won't turn on

Jul 24, 2015
Canada
This year u bought a brand new intex sand filter pump and also a separate SWG. been working fine for a month..the past week I've had a couple days where i go out and the pump isn't running. i reset it and works fine...now tonight i went out and nothing..it won't reset. I've tried everything..is the pump busted?
how did this happen? the switches are fine...i tried the SWG on both and it works...

help!!

Can you describe for us how you have the pump connected to the power source? Also, it's very possible you simply got a bad pump if everything else is working fine from the same electrical circuit. You might need to contact Intex tomorrow. They are pretty good about standing-by their products.

Ok so outside my home there are 2 plug ins. Because of the way they face and because both my intex pump and swg have those big plugins I had to get an extender. I spoke to a peoson at the local Home Depot and they assured me the one they sold was perfect for this use. So both pumps are plugged into this adapter.
so the swg is fine. Works fine. Doesn't trip or anything. The pump for the past few nights has and now it won't start. Whe I push on the reset it won't click at all.
I tried resetting the plug changing the outlet. Plugging just the pump Into the main outlet nothing.
I bought the pump at Walmart so can I still just call intex about it?
seems a little ridiculous its only been used for about 3 weeks now.

If you got it at Walmart and still have the receipt, just go back there first. They are also good about even exchanges. If they resist, call Intex. I'm sure one of them will help. When you get your new pump, you might try to find a dedicated outlet for that pump that has a good connection without the adapter. Electrical sources can be tricky at times, and if there's a bad connection, the addition "draw" or "load" on the line can put additional stress on a motor. "Perhaps" that's why the pump's GFCI kept tripping as it was getting too hot, then finally it couldn't take it anymore. I'm no electrician, just a thought. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.