Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: 2 New Intex Pools Advice Needed.

1. Back To Top    #1

2 New Intex Pools Advice Needed.

A friend gave us an easyset 15'x48" pool with cartridge filter. My research on start up for that pool led me to this forum. After hours of reading and bookmarking pages here and there, I quickly came to the conclusion that I wanted a swg/sand filter. At the same time i was admiring the ultra frame rectangular models and next thing you know late night in bed on the ipad and the pool is Here.

After reading about how the filter and pump that comes with the 12x24x52 was lacking and that I should upgrade anyways I decided that instead of buying something for the easyset pool I will just adapt what came with my ultraframe and use the easyset for this year.
    prep my ground this fall for the ultra frame and then buy a hayward pump/swg over the winter in preperation for the new pool setup next spring.

I have started putting together the sandfilter/pump combo but i noticed now that the inlet valve had 2 ports for 1.25" tubing on the newer model ultra frames. I guess I will just cut a hole in the liner of the easyset and put in a large strainer with new 1.5 valve like the output comes with and buy an extra hose.

while i am waiting for extra pieces to arrive should i go ahead and get the salt in the pool if its going to sit for a few days without any filtering?

Things i have done:
    1. filled the easyset with well water approx 3700 gallons
    2. ordered a tf-100 test kit should be here for the weekend.
    3. threw some chlorine in the pool about 3 days ago
    Intex 12x24x52 prep begins now!
    Hayward 18" Sand filter 1.5hp matrix pump
    Hayward aq-trol-rj swg

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: 2 New Intex Pools Advice Needed.

Yes, add the salt. Add chlorine daily. Brush the pool to mix it up. Have you added any CYA/stabilizer?

Here is the water balance you are looking for, Pool School - Water Balance for SWGs
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: 2 New Intex Pools Advice Needed.

Yea I have read that, I don't have my test kit yet so I have no idea where any things at, but I'll go ahead and startup the salt.

Intex 12x24x52 prep begins now!
    Hayward 18" Sand filter 1.5hp matrix pump
    Hayward aq-trol-rj swg