Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New kit! Hard data!

1. Back To Top    #1

New kit! Hard data!

Ok, my taylor k2006 fasdpd kit finally came and I was able to get my levels. This is what I'm working with
    FC= 7.4
    CC= 1.4
    Ph= 7.8
    CYA= 55

My SWG is currently pumping at 60%. Water is very clear. Just not sure if my numbers are ok or if I need to do a overnight test.
    24,000 g salt pool, intellichlor IC60 SWG, L-shaped IGP, Pentair Superflo VS pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New kit! Hard data!

Yes, I would do the OCLT just because your CC is elevated. Make sure when you do the OCLT that your SWG is "OFF". With clear water, you may just need some extra FC elevation to assist with CC burn-off for a day or two. You might consider increasing FC to about 20 or for this evening and see how that OCLT works-out. You can use regular bleach to help. Of course if you fail the OCLT, use a CYA of 60 as your yardstick which means your FC would need to be "24" for the SLAM as seen on the Chlorine/CYA Chart.

Oh, and for FC testing, use the 10ml sample size. 10ML water, one heaping scoop of powder, mix until clear. Take drop count and divide by 2. Example: 16 drops = FC of 8.

Hope that helps.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

Not too bad but with the CC that high I would do an OCLT. Ph is on the upper limit but still good. How is the TA and how often do you have to add MA?
    12,300 Gallon, IG PebbleFina, 3 ft sheer, 2 Jandy nicheless LED lights, Jandy Pro 1.5HP VS pump (A.O. Smith Motor), PB4-60 Booster pump, Polaris 280, Jandy cv340 cartridge filter, Zodiac Z4 control panel W/iAquaLink, Stenner pumps for chlorine & MA connected to WiOn WiFi switches, TF-100. You can support TFP with AmazonSmile just click the link!

4. Back To Top    #4

So I'm turning the SWG off tn and testing before the sun comes up?
    24,000 g salt pool, intellichlor IC60 SWG, L-shaped IGP, Pentair Superflo VS pump

5. Back To Top    #5

Correct. Do the first FC test later when the sun goes down (before bed) and then the next one about the same time the birds wake-up ... early. Before sun hits the water.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

6. Back To Top    #6

Ok..speak to you in the morning

7. Back To Top    #7

just did the test this morning before the sun.

FC= 7.5 (15 drops / 2)
    CC= 0. (5 drops of R0003- water didn't turn pink)

Good to go?
    Is my chlorine high? Should I turn SWG down a little?