Test results after ascorbic acid treatment (and one extra stain Q)

May 11, 2015
Arkansas
Hi. We've had our pool for about a year. Over the last few weeks we started getting brown stains. After testing with Vitamin C, we knew it needed an ascorbic acid treatment which worked perfectly (on 7/5). We followed it with a chelator the next day.

Today we tested the water and here are our results. What do we need to do next?

Pool is 8000 gallon free-form, gunite, has a SWG and sand filter.

Ascorbic Acid treatment on 7/5
Chelator 7/6

Tested water 7/7
Cl- 1
PH- 7-7.2
Alk-70 ppm
Total Hardness 150ppm
CYA: under 30 (that's the lowest our test would read)

This is our stain before, gone now.
uploadfromtaptalk1467933247673.jpg

And, what are these white spots? They were there after the initial plaster job, then we had it acid washed in the spring and they were gone...and now they are back. The bottom of the pool is streaky with them, too.
uploadfromtaptalk1467933441021.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I would raise CYA to 70 or 80 and keep FC above minimum at all times to avoid algae and having to SLAM which will likely bring the stains right back. [FC/CYA][/FC/CYA]

You need to raise CH to 250 ppm also.

Have you read this? Ascorbic Treatment to rid Pool of metal stains

You can add your pool info to your sig as shown here, Pool School - Read This Before You Post
Thanks for your response. Yes, I read and followed that thread for my AA treatment. Just trying to get the next steps right.

I also added my pool info to my siggy. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.