Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Air bubbles in return line

1. Back To Top    #1

Air bubbles in return line

Hi - I recently noticed a lot of air bubbles in my main return line. I immediately thought it was a suction side leak. I tried all of the usual suspects such as the unions and pump lid but everything looked good . The equipment is all new so the Pentair service people came out and said those bubbles are a by product of the in-line chlorinator. I turned the chlorinator off and sure enough the bubbles went away. It just seems like there is an awful lot of bubbles coming through that return line so wanted to see what the community had to say

2. Back To Top    #2
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Re: Air bubbles in return line

My SWG blows bubbles.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

Orange County, CA

Re: Air bubbles in return line

My SWG also blows out a lot of bubbles, interesting enough the bubbles mainly come out of only one of my returns, not sure what to make of that. Also, the slow speed blows out a lot more bubbles vs high speed I use for skimming.
    17k IG plaster pool+ spa, Stonescape mini-pebble midnight blue, marble coping, Trex and porcelain tile decking, Pentair Intelliflo VSP x 3 (filter, laminars and spa jets), Pentair IC40, Pentair MasterTemp 400, Pentair Quad DE 100, Pentair CC 150 for laminars, Intellibrite 5G LEDs, MagicStream Laminars x 3, Intellitouch i9+3 automation with Screenlogic2, IntellipH, Dolphin s300i, TFTest kit, SpeedStir