Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Put Intex Pool up today and it has three leaks in it!!

1. Back To Top    #1

New Milton, Hampshire, UK

Put Intex Pool up today and it has three leaks in it!!

So annoyed. I paid for someone to put the pool up for me (the same guy that built the base) as I have a back injury. I filled the pool up and added the salt and then I noticed three tiny puddles of water under three corners of the pool liner!! They must be very small as it was several hours before I noticed them and I had checked the liner several times as it was filling.

I have emailed the retailer. I assume they will offer me a replacement liner but probably won't offer to refund the cost of the water, salt or labour. Such a waste of money.

And what happens if I am unlucky enough to get another faulty liner after paying out all the costs again?

I had a faulty Intex Purespa with a hole in it, last summer. Can't believe I am unlucky.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, I meant put pool up yesterday.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Central Minnesota

Re: Put Intex Pool up today and it has three leaks in it!!

That's a pain! Too bad you had already added the salt. Hopefully they can get you a replacement liner quickly. I would inquire about the labor as well, but doubtful.
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons