Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: How long for new plaster before water fill?

1. Back To Top    #1

How long for new plaster before water fill?

Help!!!

Pool finally got plastered yesterday after almost 4 months of building and they are still as slow as ever - no acid wash or water fill today.

Wondering how long after plaster can they wait for acid wash and water fill. I'm getting real worried about plaster sitting with no water for over a day now. And it's 98 degrees & sunny in Central Florida.

The WetEdge installer (Subcontractor) said with them it was ok not to fill the same day but they would be there the next day to acid wash and start the water filling.

As typical, no response to message I sent to PB.
    My 2016 Build 14'x19'x35' IG Gunite 15K Gal. Roman, 4'-5' deep, 6 returns, 3 sheers
    4 deck jets, 2 Pentair XF22005 Pumps, Clean&Clear 200 Cartridge Filter, Brick Coping
    2 Pentair 5g 12v LED Pool Lights, 1 Pentair 12v Globrite LED in step area, 2 Bubblers
    Inline Chlorinator - SWG later, WetEdge Mediterranean Pebble, Intermatic MultiWave
    43'x33' Screened Paver Deck&15'x30' Lanai, Doheny Discovery (S200) Robot, TF-100

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: How long for new plaster before water fill?

I am not sure, but it is not typical to let plaster sit unfilled when it is hot and sunny.
    Here is the Wet Edge warranty registration, start up and contact info. I would contact Wet Edge and ask their advice/opinion on this.
    Wet Edge | Warranty
    Wet Edge | Contact Us
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: How long for new plaster before water fill?

Thanks. I was just about to contact WetEdge but the guys showed up now to acid wash and start the water fill.

It's 5 pm. They sure work late.

Asked them and they told me it would be ok for a few days.
    My 2016 Build 14'x19'x35' IG Gunite 15K Gal. Roman, 4'-5' deep, 6 returns, 3 sheers
    4 deck jets, 2 Pentair XF22005 Pumps, Clean&Clear 200 Cartridge Filter, Brick Coping
    2 Pentair 5g 12v LED Pool Lights, 1 Pentair 12v Globrite LED in step area, 2 Bubblers
    Inline Chlorinator - SWG later, WetEdge Mediterranean Pebble, Intermatic MultiWave
    43'x33' Screened Paver Deck&15'x30' Lanai, Doheny Discovery (S200) Robot, TF-100