Help with wiring an A7 salt cell

tpm

Sep 6, 2008
NY
Hello
I have a current Aqua Comfort salt generator ( Resilience ) that is 7 years old. Cell went bad which is a SCC-40. Need to replace it with an A7 cell. Wiring is different. Is there an easy way to do this?
Thanks

do you have any wiring diagram for the new cell? If they knew it would need to be rewired they should have sent something (I would think)

They sent an 8" adapter with an eyelet but it still has to be cut and spliced into the existing wire coming out of the generator ( the part that slips into the original stud on original cell will need to be removed and joined with the inline butt connector. I will use a weatherproof butt connector and than use a heat shrink wrap over that. Not easy but no other way

So I hooked up the new cell ( A7 ) to the original wire using the screw that tightens to the old style SCC-40 stud. No good. Didn't get any reading of chlorine output, only the green light that the unit is turned on ( same as old cell ). Guess I will price a Resilience updated salt gen so the PVC plumbing doesn't need to be changed. ��

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.