cant hold chlorine

Yes, pools loose several PPM per day, say in the 2-4 range, from sunshine and normal use.

Day 3 results from Slam. Tested about every 2-2.5 hrs. Only had to put chlorine in a couple times all day. FC was holding pretty well. Brushed 3-4 times. Pool looking crystal clear. CC was >.5, I was testing from the 10 ml line and needed one drop of regent to bring water back to clear. The big test was the overnight test, I had a good feeling but lost 1.5 ppm. So close yet so far away. SO I'm hoping that this will be the last day of Slam and I will be bringing a whole batch of new questions for everyone to answer.

Yes, 2-4 ppm is considered acceptable for 1 full day in the sun.

Day 4 results from Slam. Only tested 4 times yesterday: when I woke up >1.5 ppm FC, noon did not lose any FC, dinner time > 3ppm FC (i have direct sun most of the day), before bed >1 ppm FC. Did the overnight test, this morning only lost 1ppm FC. Looks like I finally meet all three criteria.
My next set of questions are, should I let the FC get to my target area and test for everything in the pool to see where I'm at? Also, how many times a day should you normally test your water? I have 2 kids and we go in the pool every day for a couple hours. I was thinking once in the morning, and then in the evening after the sun goes down. Any thoughts?

Are any CCs registering? Water crystal clear? If no/yes, then yes let it drift down to below 10, test pH, adjust accordingly and 1-2 tests a day with heavy bather load and full sun isn't a bad plan. I have a feeling in a few weeks you'll have a pretty good idea of the pool's appetite and can relax to once a day.

Are any CCs registering? Water crystal clear? If no/yes, then yes let it drift down to below 10, test pH, adjust accordingly and 1-2 tests a day with heavy bather load and full sun isn't a bad plan. I have a feeling in a few weeks you'll have a pretty good idea of the pool's appetite and can relax to once a day.

I have been testing with 10 ml because I was testing so much. When I tested for cc it turned slighty pink and it took 1 drop to change to clear. Should I test at 25 ml for a more accutrate reading? Water is as clear as it ever has been.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
TA isn't going to change much over time, and unless you suspect a problem you can skip CC most days. But FC and pH yes, every day (at first anyway).

Test results after Slam and swimming in pool for about an hour:

FC- 12
CC- <.5
pH- 7.5
TA- 90
CH- 490
Cya- 47

How am I looking?

- - - Updated - - -

I saw that my CH was way up. I didn't think I tested wrong but maybe I did. I'll re test that.
I have seen what looks like rust spots on the floor of my pool, I have a vinyl liner. Would that have anything to do with the CH being high?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.