Pulled backwash handle completely out the top of the valve

Jul 7, 2016
Keller
I've been reading on the forum for a couple years and only now have I had an issue that I wasn't able to find in a previous post. I backflushed my DE filter the other day and had a little problem with the backflush valve. It's been getting more and more difficult to turn and pull up lately and as I was pulling it up, it came completely free and in my hand I held the handle which was still connected to a long metal stem. In the hope of still doing the backflush, I turned the pump on and started the process without the handle in place. It did start to backflush, but it also started spraying water out the top of the backflush valve as well...kinda like a like a little geyser. I put the handle back in and finished the job. I was able to push at back down afterward and still turn it 1/4 to lock it into place, however I'm pretty sure they handle will just come out again when I want to do my next flush. I haven't dared to take it apart yet b/c I've never opened one up before. Also, just now noticed there is a small crack at the end of the handle and a similar one on the the valve as well. Is this problem something that I should/can repair myself, or do I need to get a new valve here?

Backflush Valve.jpg

Welcome to the forum. :wave:

I would spring for a new multiport valve. Your 2-way "push-pull" valve is a little limited is what it can do and the multiport would give you some additional options.

I believe your push-pull valve has reached the end of it's life and if you don't get the multiport valve, I would suggest to get a new push-pull.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.