New Pool owner of one week, already frustrated!

Jul 7, 2016
MINEOLA, TX
Hi all, from Texas! We just got our pool installed on the 28th, and the water hasn't been clear since the second day we got it. It has slowly become cloudy, we had the water tested by the pool store we bought the pool from, and dumped almost $400 wasted dollars into chemicals that they said we needed and the water is still cloudy. I stumbled upon this site, wish I had found it BEFORE the additional $400 on chemicals... I just ordered the Taylor k-2006 test kit, it should be here Monday. My kids have only gotten to go into the pool twice since we've gotten it, because I'm worried about the water looking bad and know something is off in there. So I can't really give numbers, the only thing I have to test with right now is the test strips that came with the pool.

Welcome to the forum :handwave: we will get you swimming in clean clear water in no time. You get bonus points for a first post with signature. Keep reading Pool School as it seems you have been and do as Chris suggested till you get your test kit. It may also be helpful if you know and can post the chemicals you have added and the amounts.

The pool store told us we needed to add 25 pounds of Alkalinity Plus, and 50 pounds of Calcium Increaser, as we had 0 calcium in our water. So, I've added all of the alkalinity plus, and have been slowly adding the calcium increaser the last two days. I also added two bottles of bleach since the weekend(not all at once). They said after all that has been added, to then add the stabilizer, and use EZ Pool once a week. They told us with this Nature 2 system that is on our filter that we won't have to use chlorine as much. I have no idea about any of it, to be honest. I just know that from the first day that we have had a 0 FC reading until I added the bleach, and that brought it up to between 3-5, according to the test strips, but by the next morning, the FC is back down to almost 0 again.