Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Heads up, Pentair Intelliflo 2VST doesn't talk to Solartouch controllers

1. Back To Top    #1

Heads up, Pentair Intelliflo 2VST doesn't talk to Solartouch controllers

I just bought VS pump the Intelliflo 2 vst, to match up in my system. Everything I read says it can talk to Solartouch with communications cable (included with pump). Seems not quite true, my Solartouch is only 10 months old, but apparently the 2VST is running different software than the Intelliflo series of pumps, and as such requires a software/firmware upgrade.
    Evidently v2.2 fixes the issues, and my controller is only v2. Took several hours and several calls to Pentair support by installer to confirm issue.

High 5 to Pentair for owning up to the issue, and promising to send out a tech in the next day or two to 'flash' my solartouch controller.

Will update with final results.
    Phil
    ~9600 gal gunite pool, NEW July 2015; Pentair Intelliflo 2 VST pump; Pentair C&C 150 filter; Pentair Intelliclor IC40 swg; solar heat w/ Pentair Solartouch controller, screened. Taylor K 2005 test kit, FAS-DPD separate test, Taylor K1766 salt test

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Heads up, Pentair Intelliflo 2VST doesn't talk to Solartouch controllers

Thanks! That is good to know. The Intelliflo2 is the new model of Intelliflo that replaces the "good old" original 011018 that everyone knows and loves. It has been out maybe 6 to 9 months I guess. Best I can tell it is exactly the same except adds a rotatable control pad. And non-backwards compatible firmware! Now to see if it works with Easytouch and Intellitouch.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by flipr View Post
    High 5 to Pentair for owning up to the issue, and promising to send out a tech in the next day or two to 'flash' my solartouch controller.

Pentair came out today, and had 'trouble' flashing the solartouch, so they are sending a new controller board at no cost to dealer. They are farther than they were, solartouch in demand ramps up speed of pump, but evidently it never shuts off when solartouch turns off solar need.

Another day of 'wait and see', but good customer service so far!
    Phil
    ~9600 gal gunite pool, NEW July 2015; Pentair Intelliflo 2 VST pump; Pentair C&C 150 filter; Pentair Intelliclor IC40 swg; solar heat w/ Pentair Solartouch controller, screened. Taylor K 2005 test kit, FAS-DPD separate test, Taylor K1766 salt test

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

Quote Originally Posted by pooldv View Post
    Now to see if it works with Easytouch and Intellitouch.
    I have installed them on Easytouch systems that were designed to run the original VS-3050 with no issues other than limited functionality. Can only program 4 speeds and not feature circuits for different speeds. Must use aux circuits for different speeds.

Have not done any on Intellitouch. Flashing those things seems to work about .0000001% of the time though.
    25K aggregate IG, Intellipro, FNS48, Polaris 360, PG2000 fiber optic light source

5. Back To Top    #5

LOL! That is a pretty low success rate. But it is a higher success rate than the OP has experienced so far.
    TFP Moderator
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

6. Back To Top    #6

FINAL update, SUCCESS.

Pentair sent out a new controller board for Solartouch, but it didn't have new software, so no change.
    Tech came out today and flashed new controller board, and it worked, they flashed to v2.2 software.

Per installer and Pentair, it is working correctly. I couldn't test as it was overcast when I got home.

Kudos to Pentair for taking control of issue, and to my installing dealer for sticking with it.
    Phil

7. Back To Top    #7

Thanks for the update.

Just in case someone from Pentair is reading this, please put a USB port on your devices and the file on your website so everyone can update their own firmware. Thanks!

Think that will work?
    TFP Moderator

8. Back To Top    #8

In the Industry

Just in case someone from Pentair is reading this, please put a USB port on your devices and the file on your website so everyone can update their own firmware. Thanks!

Think that will work?
    I think what you meant to say is catch up with Hayward Omnilogic
    25K aggregate IG, Intellipro, FNS48, Polaris 360, PG2000 fiber optic light source

9. Back To Top    #9

In the Industry

Thanks for the update.

Just in case someone from Pentair is reading this, please put a USB port on your devices and the file on your website so everyone can update their own firmware.
    Port is in the pipeline, don't know if it will be for the end user as much as it will be for the tech though.
    Factory Warranty Station for:
    Jandy/Zodiac, Pentair, Sta-Rite, Raypak, Polaris,
    and Paramount pool cleaning systems.

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by Pool Clown View Post
    Port is in the pipeline, don't know if it will be for the end user as much as it will be for the tech though.
    I was thinking the same thing when I saw the software on the Pentair site, but then looking found it required to install with special adapter.
    The way technology changes, user updateable products would be nice, but defeats the planned obsolescence side of the marketing program.
    Phil

11. Back To Top    #11

I may be having this same problem. Do you know where I find the version number of my Solartouch? I have a new Intelliflo 2 and it is not communicating with my Solartouch.

Thanks,
    Josh

Quote Originally Posted by flipr View Post
    I just bought VS pump the Intelliflo 2 vst, to match up in my system. Everything I read says it can talk to Solartouch with communications cable (included with pump). Seems not quite true, my Solartouch is only 10 months old, but apparently the 2VST is running different software than the Intelliflo series of pumps, and as such requires a software/firmware upgrade.
    Evidently v2.2 fixes the issues, and my controller is only v2. Took several hours and several calls to Pentair support by installer to confirm issue.