Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Liner loose spots and wrinkles on bottom

1. Back To Top    #1

Liner loose spots and wrinkles on bottom

I'm putting this out again to ask if anyone may know the reason or is it something that will go away and not be concerned about. My new 15x30 oval steel pool with 1 inch Extruded Foam bottom has two or three loose spots on the bottom of the pool where you can move the liner with your feet and wrinkles develope. The rest is firm and does not move. Im not losing any water. The pool is set recessed in the ground on one side 22 inches to ground level on the other end due to the way the property runs. I back filled the trench around it. Is this condensation between the liner and foam bottom? ground water rising up in between the foam bottom panels? Just a stretched liner after set and use? Will it go away and should i just deal with the loose spots?

Thanks
    15x30 54 inch Wilbar pool, vinyl 25 gauge liner, 1 inch extruded foam bottom hayward 1 Hp maxflo pump, Hayward 9002 cartridge filter, and Hayward Chlorinator

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Liner loose spots and wrinkles on bottom

My guess is you have trapped air pockets under the liner that didn't set worked out to the sides as it was filling. I had a few air pockets that were bubbling up as we filled that i had to work to the side of our foam bottom pool as well. So that's my guess.

24'x52" Artesian w/ Portifino liner - Hayward 1hp powerflo matrix w/24" sand filter - AquaTrol RJ SWG. Solar heating to come. -

3. Back To Top    #3

Try getting a large squeegie and push the wrinkles towards the closest side. Work them right/left as they move.

4. Back To Top    #4

Ok ill try the squeegie, thanks again for the replies.
    15x30 54 inch Wilbar pool, vinyl 25 gauge liner, 1 inch extruded foam bottom hayward 1 Hp maxflo pump, Hayward 9002 cartridge filter, and Hayward Chlorinator