Milky water after shocking

Jul 7, 2016
Baytown/texas
My pool of 13 yrs has been trouble free and always looked like bottled water ... But the last 2 shock treatments ( fast dissolve cal hypo 73% ) turned the clear water to a milky colored mess , taking 4 days to clear the last time.
The only thing different than any other time is that a phosphate remover was added to eliminate the 1500 of Phosphate > could this remover be the issue ? I'm not a née i.e. But I am so confused ☹️
I lower ph in hopes of clearing the solid milk color but did not have any effect on appearance

I am not sure if Phosphate remover has ill effects when mixed with Cal Hypo. But straight Calcium Carbonate will tend to cause temporary cloudiness. Cal Hypo obviously contains much less Calcium and I doubt enough to cause the cloudiness for an extended period of time. How much did you add?

Also I don't think lowering your pH is the answer. How is the rest of you chemistry?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.