cya 160-180 dilution method

Jul 4, 2016
Bear/DElaware
Drained about 30% of pool and refilled. Should I just use bleach and no pucks. Is there a good shock to use. I have plenty of pucks but i believe that got me in this situation.Please send help. water is still crystal clear but I cannot lower my cya level.I have plenty of pucks and 2#s of shock left, I would like to make sure I purchase the correct chemicals to get out of this situation.

Thanks

there is a place up top of this page that says "Pool School" Hit it and read.

You are going to have to get yourself a proper test kit to be able to get things under control.

If your water started with 160-180 CYA, and you drained 1/3 of your water, that would bring you down to 107-120 ... still a bit too high.

Any of the pucks, or the shock has CYA in it.... keep them handy for when you get your pool under control, and are going on vacation, or otherwise can't be there to dose it with chlorine (bleach).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.