Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: about to order pool

1. Back To Top    #1

about to order pool

I'm looking to build a 16x32 freeform vinyl pool.

hayward cartridge filter 425 should i upgrade to a 525 ?

1.5hp hayward super pump, polaris booster pump .75hp, polaris 280 cleaner, hayward color led light, 44 bags of vermiculite, pool alarm.

All of this equipment will cost 10,300.00.

Not included in this price is concrete, electrical(my friend is an electrician),pipe , and valves all of which i will provide when it is needed. I will also be doing the digging.

Pool builders labor cost 7,700.00.

Any thoughts or advice will be greatly appreciated. Also if i missed anything that might be needed please advise trying to avoid any surprises.

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: about to order pool

Welcome to TFP

I know it sounds like a lot of money.. can you get 3 quotes so you can make sure you're getting a good deal.. I could only find 1 installer and he stood me up for 2 months before I dropped him...

You have some nice equipment going in

Most everyone is going away from the pressure side cleaners and going robots, they make life much easier
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

3. Back To Top    #3

Thank you. How do the robots make life easier as oppose to the pressure cleaners?

4. Back To Top    #4

Pressure cleaners need a pump of their own=higher daily costs (electric). Down the road you will also need to replace the pump.

Does the above costs include the liner?

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit, Become a TFP supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

I love my side pump Polaris.
    18k: IG: Black Granite Liner: Aspen: 16x33.5: SWG: Polaris 280

My pool build new-pool-build-in-nh-t60957.html

6. Back To Top    #6

Alright it's quickly becoming a reality. Town gave me permit yesterday, and pool has been ordered should be in in about 2 weeks. In the mean time have to relocate my gas service. Any advice on heat pumps right now I'm considering a rheem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Back To Top    #7

SWEET! It is closer when they give the permit!

No help on the heater from me but I bet you can do a search in the box at the you will find all kinds to threads about them.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit, Become a TFP supporter!

8. Back To Top    #8

IMG_3915.jpg

9. Back To Top    #9

IMG_3917.jpg

10. Back To Top    #10

Picture of area were the pool is going.

11. Back To Top    #11

I see some fencing in your future! Nice grass!

Kim

12. Back To Top    #12

Yes all the brush will be ripped out and we will be fencing in the entire side yard.

13. Back To Top    #13

14. Back To Top    #14

Brush all ripped out gas service relocated. Will be digging for pool on Friday

15. Back To Top    #15

Let the mud begin!

16. Back To Top    #16

Gas line will be relocated Monday dig will begin on Tuesday, any recommendations on pool depth will 3 1/2 to 8 be to much or should I stick with a 6' deep end

17. Back To Top    #17

8 feet and it can be a diving pool! Kids LOVE to dive down and get things and it is just fun!

BUT a sports pool 5.5'x4x5.5' is fun due to volley ball and such.

3 1/2 feet may be a little shallow. Hold up a tape measure to your self and wife and see where it hits. My above ground pool is about 4.5 feet deep and is just right for us.

Think about how you want to really use the pool now and in the future. If you get the diving pool you can put benches all around it for hanging out. Best of both worlds!

18. Back To Top    #18

Quote Originally Posted by Hfd499 View Post
    Gas line will be relocated Monday dig will begin on Tuesday, any recommendations on pool depth will 3 1/2 to 8 be to much or should I stick with a 6' deep end

I would have 4' for shallow end and personally I'd stick with a 6' deep end. Unless...you want people diving. But then you have other considerations such as slope to the deep end and even though 32 feet seems like long run with diving it's not that long so you have a big slope to reach the 8' depth. Even the 16' wide only leaves you good for a straight on dive. I didn't want people diving so it was an easy decision for me. I would highly recommend putting a bench in the deep end, you will get much more use out of that end. I'm in Tappan, so pretty close to you. Make sure you get the electrical inspected, it's for your safety. If your friend isn't licensed really double check his/her work. I know a lot of people work under an electrician's license but they themselves are not licensed (and may not know the ins and outs of pools).
    Inground, vinyl liner, 16 x 32 (approx. 21k gallons), roman end w/ bench, 2 Jandy LEG lights
    Pump: Jandy Flopro, 1.5 hp Heater: Raypak, 266k btu (P-R266-A-EN-C; nat gas) Filter: Jandy C340 (cartridge filter)

19. Back To Top    #19

Thanks for the advice. I'm not crazy about the sports pool. That was one of my concerns with going with a 8' is the amount of slope and angles on the sides.

20. Back To Top    #20

How much would the bench take away from the pool ? I will be using a licensed Electritian. How do you like the raypak heater? I'm looking at the 117 raypak heat pump

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast