Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: SWG with intermittent lights and no FC

1. Back To Top    #1

SWG with intermittent lights and no FC

My SWG is not currently producing chlorine. I have checked all diagnostics on the display and they read within range except for the FC which is at 0. When I turn on the unit the lights for the power and generating will intermittently come on for a few seconds then shut off. I have tried adding chlorine to the pool and monitoring it to see if the SWG can "catch-up" but nothing is happening.

M3Collins

IG pool/spa installed 2002, 16,500 gallons, Plaster, Tagelus TA-100D Sand filter (2011), Pentair Dynamo pump, Polaris Spa and Water feature pumps, SWG - Aqua Rite T-15 cell, Pentair 400 heater

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: SWG with intermittent lights and no FC

Did you open the cover and look ast the current limiter? They do burn up with over voltage spikes but are really easy to replace.

Repairing My Aqua Rite PCB (GLX-PCB-RITE) that was Damaged by Lightning Do It Yourself Home Workshop
    16 x 32 17500 gallons
    Vinyl in-ground
    Hayward 250# Sand Filter
    1 HP Pump
    Hayward SWG

3. Back To Top    #3

I just checked inside the box and do not see anything that looks burnt or damaged. The verisitor looks pretty old so I would like to just replace it to see it that is the problem. I had also read about quite a few people that had the same problem.

4. Back To Top    #4

Mine didn't "look" damaged until I wiggled it and a piece of it fell off. The substrate separated from the current carrying parts.
    16 x 32 17500 gallons
    Vinyl in-ground
    Hayward 250# Sand Filter
    1 HP Pump
    Hayward SWG

5. Back To Top    #5

Well I replaced the verisitor and it is working great now. Wow, and to think it only cost me $3 for the part.

M3Collins
    IG pool/spa installed 2002, 16,500 gallons, Plaster, Tagelus TA-100D Sand filter (2011), Pentair Dynamo pump, Polaris Spa and Water feature pumps, SWG - Aqua Rite T-15 cell, Pentair 400 heater