Good evening all. test results tonight:
FC 6.5
CC 0
TA 140
CYA 55
CH 50
PH 7.8
TF 100 TEST KIT

wATER has been crystal clear, but over the last two days have noticed some green spots at bottom of pool, not on walls, few here and there. tonight went in and bottom felt a little "slippery/slim". I brushed bottom of pool and could see algae cloud up as i brushed. Have been able to see from end to end under water until tonight....little cloudy under water once water stirred up, but still able to see bottom looking down into pool. FC has not dropped below 3. Filter running about 6hours/day. Temp of water has been 78-80. going to check overnight fc loss tomorrow morning. CYA has been 30-50. have raised the FC levels up, but not to shock level.

Can I have algae if FC has been adequate?
Recommendations of where to go from here?

HI there

If your chlorine indeed dropped to 3 then yes.....it is possible to have algea. Even more likely if it dropped to 3 on a regular basis. Minimum FC for CYA of 50 is 4. And I'd actually shoot to maintain it higher. Here is a more detailed chlorine CYA chart that may help. Chlorine/CYA Chart

You can do the OCLT but if you "see" algae, you may have to plan to SLAM. Sorry?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.