Not sure what chemical is missing "Leaf leaves stains at bottom of pool"

Good evening,

I am hoping someone might be able to help me figure out what I am doing wrong. We have 10000 gallon plaster pool. We just drained it 2 weeks ago and acid washed it and refilled it. Been getting the chemicals back in order. Tonights results are listed blown. We are noticing that the bottom of our pool is being stained by leaf's that get blown into our pool.

What are we doing wrong or how can we stop this from happening? The pool runs for 5 hours a day right now (single speed pump, currently have a variable speed pump on order) and I also throw in an electric cleaner over other day in the pool. Our filter is a Hayward DE 4800

I have added some soda ash to bring up the PH, will test again in the morning.

I know I need to increase my Calcium and picking up the chemical tomorrow.

any other suggestions?

Chlorine (FC) pmm3ppm/5ppm
PH7.2/7.5 ppm
Total Alkalinity (TA) ppm170 ppm
Calcium/Hardness( TH) ppm175 ppm
Cyanuric Acid (CYA) ppmNot present

Thanks
Scott

Re: Not sure what chemical is missing "Leaf leaves stains at bottom of pool"

The only way to stop leaves from staining the bottom of the pool is not to let them sit there. Chlorine lifts organic stains. You can rub them with a trichlor puck or raise FC up toward shock level for your CYA, [FC/CYA][/FC/CYA], and brush daily until they lift.

Re: Not sure what chemical is missing "Leaf leaves stains at bottom of pool"

The only way to stop leaves from staining the bottom of the pool is not to let them sit there. Chlorine lifts organic stains. You can rub them with a trichlor puck or raise FC up toward shock level for your CYA, [FC/CYA][/FC/CYA], and brush daily until they lift.

Thanks Pooldv I will have to start scrubbing

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.