Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Not sure what chemical is missing "Leaf leaves stains at bottom of pool"

1. Back To Top    #1

Not sure what chemical is missing "Leaf leaves stains at bottom of pool"

Good evening,

I am hoping someone might be able to help me figure out what I am doing wrong. We have 10000 gallon plaster pool. We just drained it 2 weeks ago and acid washed it and refilled it. Been getting the chemicals back in order. Tonights results are listed blown. We are noticing that the bottom of our pool is being stained by leaf's that get blown into our pool.

What are we doing wrong or how can we stop this from happening? The pool runs for 5 hours a day right now (single speed pump, currently have a variable speed pump on order) and I also throw in an electric cleaner over other day in the pool. Our filter is a Hayward DE 4800

I have added some soda ash to bring up the PH, will test again in the morning.

I know I need to increase my Calcium and picking up the chemical tomorrow.

any other suggestions?

Chlorine (FC) pmm 3ppm/5ppm
    PH 7.2/7.5 ppm
    Total Alkalinity (TA) ppm 170 ppm
    Calcium/Hardness( TH) ppm 175 ppm
    Cyanuric Acid (CYA) ppm Not present

Thanks
    Scott
    Pool Rectangle with attached Spa (approx. 8000 gal, depths 4 feet and 5-1/2 feet), Pump - Hayward Super II, Filter - Hayward Micro Filter DE Model 4800.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Not sure what chemical is missing "Leaf leaves stains at bottom of pool"

The only way to stop leaves from staining the bottom of the pool is not to let them sit there. Chlorine lifts organic stains. You can rub them with a trichlor puck or raise FC up toward shock level for your CYA, FC/CYA Chart, and brush daily until they lift.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Not sure what chemical is missing "Leaf leaves stains at bottom of pool"

Quote Originally Posted by pooldv View Post
    The only way to stop leaves from staining the bottom of the pool is not to let them sit there. Chlorine lifts organic stains. You can rub them with a trichlor puck or raise FC up toward shock level for your CYA, FC/CYA Chart, and brush daily until they lift.

Thanks Pooldv I will have to start scrubbing
    Pool Rectangle with attached Spa (approx. 8000 gal, depths 4 feet and 5-1/2 feet), Pump - Hayward Super II, Filter - Hayward Micro Filter DE Model 4800.