Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Crooked liner or am I losing my mind?

1. Back To Top    #1

Crooked liner or am I losing my mind?

Well I need a hand on why my Intex 15x48. Ground was leveled and tamped,perfect. Put up pool,checked,perfect. Filled and kept leveling legs,perfect. Now it's 80% full and liner is off by 1-1/2 squares on one half of the pool? Ran a line level side to side and around,perfectly level. Put level on the water,perfectly level? Pool level, liner not,or am I seeing things? Put up a hard sided pool years ago and that was perfect. Wanted to try the Intex for a few years to see how much my kids use it before investing in a hard side profeshonally installed pool ($$$). What am I missing.
    Intel 15x48 ultra frame

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Crooked liner or am I loosing my mind?

My guess is the pattern isn't even after it was all seamed together in the factory. I know ours was off. It was a summer escapes pro series pool and it had a waterline pattern and it was even off. Drove me nuts but like you I knew the pool was level so there wasn't anything I could do about the asthetics of it.

24'x52" Artesian w/ Portifino liner - Hayward 1hp powerflo matrix w/24" sand filter - AquaTrol RJ SWG. Solar heating to come. -

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks for the reply, it's been driving me nuts. I said to myself the waters level,so....that's what 300 bucks gets you. I can live with that. Thanks again,I love this site.
    Intel 15x48 ultra frame

4. Back To Top    #4

I know how you feel though because you work so very hard to get the ground perfect and level and then all that work seems futile once it's filled and the pattern is off.

24'x52" Artesian w/ Portifino liner - Hayward 1hp powerflo matrix w/24" sand filter - AquaTrol RJ SWG. Solar heating to come. -

5. Back To Top    #5

It only took 3 days to level a spot that looked level. It's been 85-90 degrees to boot while doing it also. Any pointers on landscape around it I'm thinking rubber mulch and 4x4's.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Intel 15x48 ultra frame

6. Back To Top    #6

Bobcat, I thought you were in Australia for a moment!!
    Intex 22' X 52" Ultra Frame AGP ( 12K gallons) , Intex 633T 2500 GPH (41 GPM) running Doughboy Silica II sand filter (16"dia. 1.4 ' S.A.) ( And doing it quite well, I might add!) Hayward through the wall skimmer, TF100 with Speed Stir. Hard plumbed, Intex fountain ...........

7. Back To Top    #7

Lmao I'm upside-down haha
    Rubber mulch is good or even tumbled stone/rock. I'm going to use the pathway maker mold and make a walk way around mine and probably mulch around that. Eventually I'll plant ornamental grasses and small low growing plants around as well.

8. Back To Top    #8

Re: Crooked liner or am I losing my mind?

It's the same with my Intex pool. The pool is level, the water is level, but the little blue exposed squares above the water line, aren't level. It's the way the pool is seamed.
    Karan - 18 ft round x 48" high - Intex ultra-frame AGP, Intex 3/4 hp pump with 14" sand filter (SF70110), Hayward 900 Wanda the Whale cleaner, Intex LED water fountain.
    18ft Round Intex Ultra Frame in The Mitten