Spa Overflow Not Working

klpugh

Jun 18, 2016
Dallas, TX
Hey y'all! I'm having some trouble with my spa and I'm not sure what to do, so I figured I would come to the experts. :)

So, first off, everything has been working fine through Sunday, July 3. Our whole system ran continuously from July 1-3, since we had people in town and the pool was heavily used. We rarely use spa mode, but used it and the heater the night of July 3. After that, we shut it off overnight. The next morning the pool pump was not primed. I blamed this on the fact that our multivalve was cracked and would leak when I switched it to backwash. I primed the pump and told my husband to change the valve that evening since I was going out of town. So, the next chain of events I can't really vouch for, but this is what happened....

July 4- Multivalve was changed and ran for 30 minutes then shut off for the night.
July 5- Again, pump was not primed in the morning and had to be reprimed. Pump was primed and then the spa problem was noticed. In pool mode, the spa runs into the pool (see pictures: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0By1msWOLEluCZFh4bHhjUzktQnc&usp=sharing), but now it's not even doing that. I noticed that the water is not coming out of the floor like its suppose to. Also, on a side note, we had problems with our spa dropping water when the filter was off, so we replaced the little clear plate on the valve, so I know the flap is good. I checked that valve and it looks like its not filling/staying filled with water. The water is barely trickling down. I put it in spa mode and the actuator turned, so I'm not sure. HELP!!!! What would cause the spa to not fill and overflow like it's suppose to?

Looks like you have a few lines sharing the return to pool and spa. There is two lines with valves next to the spa overflow line, where does each one go. Also check and make sure the pressure on the filter is within your normal range. With all the use you may just need a good backwash. Also when you changed the lid w/the flap do you have it going in right direction?

The filter has been in normal range the whole time. I backwashed it as well. Also, the flap was placed identical to the way it came out.

As as far as the lines go, I'm not sure where they go. It looks like the one closest to the clorinator is hooked up to the thing that powers our auto vacuum, so I'm assuming that's one of the jets. As for the other two, I'm not sure....any thoughts?

The first line past the chlorinator is the pool return. You may have several inlets in the pool that water comes out. The other two lines must also connect to the pool since they have no check valve on them. When the spa was filling properly where was the water coming out, you have one return in the center of spa, and four around the floor. If no one has touched the two valves past the first valve, the water should be spilling over the spa. You may need two people to check each line, but you should go from line to line to find out what each line does. To check start by making sure your booster pump is off, turn the first valve 180 degrees till the handle is pointing straight up if the inlets in the pool stop flowing you no this is the main pool return. Now turn off pump and turn the second valve 180 degrees, turn pump on and check where water returns. Now turn off pump and put second valve back the way it was with the handle straight down and turn the third valve 180 degrees turn pump back on and check where water is flowing. if at anytime the pressure on the filter past 30lbs turn off pump. You should label these lines for future reference. I noticed no heater in the pictures is there more plumbing than what is shown?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.