Upgrade to iAquaLink

Marlahoutex

Platinum Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Aug 9, 2014
Houston tx
We have the AquaLink PDA system, and while we like it okay enough, I would like something more "modern", something I can control with my phone or tablet and will be much easier to read with my old eyes! We are looking into upgrading to the iAguaLink and according to their website, we would need the iAQUALINK 2.0 UPGRADE KIT iQ20-A which is just the iAquaLink 2.0 Web Connect Device. Has anyone done this or have this? I am also worried about warranty issues if we DIY.

- - - Updated - - -

My PB just told me we also need the control panel in order to upgrade. How does one go about finding out what model/version of the AquaLink PDA I have?

Depends on the age of your mainboard. Revision R or later only need the webconnect device IIRC. Jandy,has a good tutorial as to how to check which version you have. I did the upgrade myself from an rs-8 and one touch wireless controller. Way better and faster response times than the old system. It's nice to vbe able to control the pool. From anywhere in the world!

the complete set up is $600 and should take a Jandy qualified rep about 2 hours to install if they are any good. Just be aware that if you install it yourself, they won't warranty it.

here's the document explaining on how to check which version you have and what model you need:

http://www.jandy.com/~/media/zodiac/global/downloads/sa/sa6456.pdf

Thanks. I see what that brochure says but another Jandy brochure says that if you have the PDA rev 6.0 or higher you only need the web connect device. It's on the last page. So where is the tutorial on how to determine which revision I have? We have only had the PDA about 3 months.

http://www.jandy.com/~/media/zodiac/global/downloads/sl/sl6458.pdf

I apologize if I'm being a bit dense. The webconnect device only is half the cost.

I see where the tutorial is, but I don't seem to have a diagnostics option under the systems menu on my PDA. When it first comes on, it says "firmware 7.1.0." Is that it?

Yep. Sounds like all you need is the antenna. You can do it yourself. Shouldn't take more than an hour if you can read directions. This includes a snack break.

I have both the PDA and Iaqualink....Wanted waterproof device around pool and then wanted to be able to control pool from my phone when not at home. Nothing better than firing up the hot tub so it is ready for you while you are at dinner. It was 3 years ago and it wasn't an upgrade. It was a whole new control board to do both.

If you have the PDA I believe you need the mainboard upgrade (from what I can interpret from the Jandy site. To be candid, I had the one touch wireless controller and when I upgraded to iaqualink, I retired it. It is frustratingly slow compared to the web app and I have the multibutton spaside remote so never far away from the ability to control the pool, waterfalls, lights, etc.

If you have the PDA I believe you need the mainboard upgrade (from what I can interpret from the Jandy site. To be candid, I had the one touch wireless controller and when I upgraded to iaqualink, I retired it. It is frustratingly slow compared to the web app and I have the multibutton spaside remote so never far away from the ability to control the pool, waterfalls, lights, etc.

looking at the installation manual it shows this: image.jpg
It seems to me that a main board isn't necessary with the appropriate revision. :scratch: I would like to have both the pda and the iLink and it would be nice to know for sure before $300

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks for clarifying. Reading their brochure it wasn't too clear!
From what I understand is the aqualink 20-A only allows ON/OFF from the phone app, no settings. The PDA is still the controller and the phone app is the slave. If you upgrade to the Aqualink 20-RS, the phone is the controller and the PDA only can ON/OFF functions with the phone app changing the settings and all other functions. Is this true? Preference of either of these two different functions would be the reason why you would buy one over the other. About to make the purchase - so any advice would be great - along with any help/hints on installation.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.