Small bestway 10' x 30" filter recommendations

Unior

Jul 6, 2016
Buckhannon, WV
We just bought a 10 x 30 bestway for 50 bucks at kmart. It's small actually only about 18 inches deep. Good for our 3 year old and mom and dad can sit down in it and stay cool. The filter sucks In my opinion though. It's 330gph with a dinky cartridge that clogs every 8 hours. I'm just wondering if the intex 1000gph cartridge filter would do a good job at keeping the pool clean. It holds just under 1000 gallons of water. I thought about going even bigger there's intex 2500 gph filters but the inlets are 1.5 inch and I thought that might be overkill. Will a 1000 gph run a vacation?

I use sodium hypochlorite as a sanitizer.

Thanks just a newbie learning there's a lot more too it than just buying a pool and filling it with water.

Welcome to TFP :)

I think you are right, going to a 2500 is overkill :) the 1000 may be a very good fit for your pool, I am not sure about the connections so you may have to buy adapters, leslies and walmart have some adapters..

I hope this helps :)

I

I have a similar sized pool to you. I got the smallest intex sand filter I could find and never regretted it. I only run it for 2 hours each evening (i test and add chems after swimming) and only had to backwash once the whole season. With the cartridges I never could get that sparkle everyone talks about

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.