Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Small bestway 10' x 30" filter recommendations

1. Back To Top    #1

Small bestway 10' x 30" filter recommendations

We just bought a 10 x 30 bestway for 50 bucks at kmart. It's small actually only about 18 inches deep. Good for our 3 year old and mom and dad can sit down in it and stay cool. The filter sucks In my opinion though. It's 330gph with a dinky cartridge that clogs every 8 hours. I'm just wondering if the intex 1000gph cartridge filter would do a good job at keeping the pool clean. It holds just under 1000 gallons of water. I thought about going even bigger there's intex 2500 gph filters but the inlets are 1.5 inch and I thought that might be overkill. Will a 1000 gph run a vacation?

I use sodium hypochlorite as a sanitizer.

Thanks just a newbie learning there's a lot more too it than just buying a pool and filling it with water.

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Small bestway 10' x 30" filter recommendations

Welcome to TFP

I think you are right, going to a 2500 is overkill the 1000 may be a very good fit for your pool, I am not sure about the connections so you may have to buy adapters, leslies and walmart have some adapters..

I hope this helps

I
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks for the input Cowboycasey.

I just learned my wallie world "chlorinating solution" is just bleach lol. Higher concentration though.

4. Back To Top    #4

I have a similar sized pool to you. I got the smallest intex sand filter I could find and never regretted it. I only run it for 2 hours each evening (i test and add chems after swimming) and only had to backwash once the whole season. With the cartridges I never could get that sparkle everyone talks about
    6000 gal, AG vinyl, Intex ultra frame 16ft, 1200 Gallon Sand Filter, DIY Solar, Clear Choice Labs Testing Kit