Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Taylor Test Comparators and Reagents

1. Back To Top    #1
    Ontario Canada

Taylor Test Comparators and Reagents

Happy 2016 Pool Season All !!!!
    Sorry, my greetings are a bit late but I have not been here yet this year.
    I recently posted to a thread of mine from a year ago and saw no replies. I thought maybe the thread was too far down the list for anyone to notice a new post. So I am reposting here, sorry if I have repeated myself but I do have another question as well....

Q 1
    I have both the 9782 (came with K1004 kit) and 9056 (high level FC) Comparator Blocks for DPD testing.
    I am confused over something. Both block's instructions for FC indicate to use the same amounts of reagent R-0001 and R-0002 (5 drops each) and yet the 9056 requires a larger pool water sample. How can I use the same amount of reagent for different amounts of test samples?
    Is it because the shades of comparative colour are different?

I know, I know, I know what some of you are thinking. I should be using the TF100 and FAS. Last season funds were tight and I wanted to start slow with using better kits than trusting the local pool stores. Depending on how my next question is answered, I may step up to the TF100 (maybe not until next season just to use up the reagents in the K1004 I picked up here in Canada)

Q 2
    In Canada, the prices for kits and reagents are crazy compared to south of the border. No doubt due to currency exchange and the fact there is a sole distributer who sells for the entire country
    Last year I am pretty sure TF100 and supplies could be sent to a PO Box in NY State. I jus wanted to make sure this has not changed and I can order through TF and have delivered to a PO Box.

16' x 32' IG, vinyl, 80k litre (21k gal), "lazy L" (kidney like at deep, squared off at shallow) shallow 3', deep 8', Hayward sand filter 300 lbs, 20gal/min Mod S-244T, Pentair Superflow VS 1.5 HP Model 342001, Raypak Heater 266K BTU Mod P-R266A-EN-C, 2 returns, 1 skimmer, 1 main drain, diving board, Southern Ontario (Canada) climate.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Re: Taylor Test Comparators and Reagents

Yes, I reviewed instructions for both and both comparator blocks use 5 drops of R-0001 and 5 drops of R-0002. You are correct. I use 5 drops of each in my 9056 block. How/Why? Contact Taylor Technical Support for the answer to that one.

I am pretty sure that can ship a TF-100 to a PO Box via US Mail. You can contact them to verify here,
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach