Pool ladder??

Jun 22, 2016
Semmes, AL
Hey guys,

We have our 18 x 48 Summer Waves Elite pool up, and the ladder that came with it was sketchy at best, so I bought a Little Giant aluminum ladder from lowes and it worked better but the screws are rusting so I'm considering taking it back and seeing if they will refund me. And just building a small deck, I'm a big guy and was wondering if building a ladder from the deck to the pool out of PVC would be an in cheap way to do it, but be able to hold about 400lbs? Or any ideas besides, the expensive ones. Trying to NOT build a deck if possible

Hey guys,

We have our 18 x 48 Summer Waves Elite pool up, and the ladder that came with it was sketchy at best, so I bought a Little Giant aluminum ladder from lowes and it worked better but the screws are rusting so I'm considering taking it back and seeing if they will refund me. And just building a small deck, I'm a big guy and was wondering if building a ladder from the deck to the pool out of PVC would be an in cheap way to do it, but be able to hold about 400lbs? Or any ideas besides, the expensive ones. Trying to NOT build a deck if possible

I'm trying not to build a deck either, so I'm calling it a platform. I'm going to build a 3x4 platform, attached to buried 4x4 posts, with stairs to the ground and use composite boards for the decking surface. I've just ordered a set of stairs for inside the pool, that I'll attach to the platform. I don't know how long this Intex pool will hold up through Michigan winters, so I'm not looking to sink too much money into my build.

A ladder gets you in the pool, but stairs give more stability for young, elderly and pups.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.