Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool ladder??

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool ladder??

Hey guys,

We have our 18 x 48 Summer Waves Elite pool up, and the ladder that came with it was sketchy at best, so I bought a Little Giant aluminum ladder from lowes and it worked better but the screws are rusting so I'm considering taking it back and seeing if they will refund me. And just building a small deck, I'm a big guy and was wondering if building a ladder from the deck to the pool out of PVC would be an in cheap way to do it, but be able to hold about 400lbs? Or any ideas besides, the expensive ones. Trying to NOT build a deck if possible
    Roc Davis: My pool. 18 x 48 Summer Waves Elite, Intex 16" 3000GPH Sand filter pump combo, TF100

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool ladder??

can you change out the screws to aluminum or some non-rusting ones? I really don't know.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by biggroc85 View Post
    Hey guys,

We have our 18 x 48 Summer Waves Elite pool up, and the ladder that came with it was sketchy at best, so I bought a Little Giant aluminum ladder from lowes and it worked better but the screws are rusting so I'm considering taking it back and seeing if they will refund me. And just building a small deck, I'm a big guy and was wondering if building a ladder from the deck to the pool out of PVC would be an in cheap way to do it, but be able to hold about 400lbs? Or any ideas besides, the expensive ones. Trying to NOT build a deck if possible
    I'm trying not to build a deck either, so I'm calling it a platform. I'm going to build a 3x4 platform, attached to buried 4x4 posts, with stairs to the ground and use composite boards for the decking surface. I've just ordered a set of stairs for inside the pool, that I'll attach to the platform. I don't know how long this Intex pool will hold up through Michigan winters, so I'm not looking to sink too much money into my build.

A ladder gets you in the pool, but stairs give more stability for young, elderly and pups.
    Karan - 18 ft round x 48" high - Intex ultra-frame AGP, Intex 3/4 hp pump with 14" sand filter (SF70110), Hayward 900 Wanda the Whale cleaner, Intex LED water fountain.
    18ft Round Intex Ultra Frame in The Mitten

4. Back To Top    #4

Just came across this old thread about a PVC ladder with searching for a diy solar cover holder, and thought you might be interested in checking it out.

PVC Ladder advice
    Karan - 18 ft round x 48" high - Intex ultra-frame AGP, Intex 3/4 hp pump with 14" sand filter (SF70110), Hayward 900 Wanda the Whale cleaner, Intex LED water fountain.
    18ft Round Intex Ultra Frame in The Mitten