Fc to cya

Pete23

Jun 26, 2016
Michigan
The Cya in my pool is at 150 it's gone up substantially from 75-100 in a couple of days (Ive heard the chlorine tablets can do that). Anyway should I raise the fc in the water? Cdc recommends 1-3ppm and at least 2 if the Cya is high? Right now fc is at 5ppm. Thanks for the help in advance.

I'd say a few days of 50 cya ppm increase is more than tabs too. In other words, Tabs + a powered shock w/ CYA in it, or accidentally adding Stablilizer. One more, the CYA tests aren't the easiest, but easy enough with the Taylor and TFT kits, but they must be done properly. Maybe just a testing mixup? On average, a 3" Trichlor puck will add about 3ppm CYA per week to your pool if dissolved. There is plenty of wiggle room there, but what I'm getting at is if you jumped it that high that quickly, there's a lot of tabs in there, or a powered "shock" product containing stabilizer, or both.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.