Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: How Long Does Aeration Take

1. Back To Top    #1

Seacoast, NH

How Long Does Aeration Take

My pH is 7.2 and TA is 70. Want to get pH up to 7.5.

I've been aerating for an hour by having the 3 eye balls turned up. 2 are bubbling, 1 is throwing the water up in the air about 3 inches. There's been no change in pH. Am I expecting too much? How long would be a reasonable time to leave it before I test again?
    19,000 gallons
    Stay-Rite System 3 Cartridge filter
    IG vinyl, MasterTemp 400 Propane heater
    Intellichlor 40 SWG, 2006 Taylor Test Kit with Speed Stirrer
    1.5 HP Pump

2. Back To Top    #2
    Lakeland, FL

Re: How Long Does Aeration Take

Give it a day, Or have a pool party with lots of splashing. if you got time and inclination you could make an aerator its a fountain that's turned down to aerate the water.
    Smoking hot pool water
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Lakeland Florida

3. Back To Top    #3
    Tucson, AZ

Re: How Long Does Aeration Take

It will take a few days with your setup. As the TA gets lower (below 80ppm) it takes longer and longer for the pH to rise.
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates