Seasonal Pool Question

Jul 6, 2016
Madison, MS
Hey all,

I've been lurking for a bit preparing for my seasonal pool. I would first like to say a big thank you to everyone on this forum. The information here has been wonderful, and I was able to set-up and so far so good (filled on 7/3/2016).

I have a couple of quick questions. I have just the basic Cl/Ph tester. Ph is 7.2 and Cl around 3. Do I need to worry at all about alkalinity or just roll with what I got? I keep seeing the benefits of borates...should I consider putting borates in my little puddle or am I going too far down the rabbit hole?

Thanks for your time guys and gals!

Thank you! Glad to be here :D

Yes, that's what I've been following. Says for 3k gal and under but thought it would apply to mine as well. It mentions the basic kit and I've been testing daily and adding bleach accordingly. It also mentions the HTH6 way kit but was wondering if it was really worth me looking into the other chemistry parameters such as alkalinity specifically. Additionally, the pool math calc has 7.2 as the pH default but I see some people keep there's slightly higher. I was curious if I should bump it some or not. The only thing I've added is bleach, CYA, and some green algae control.

Why the "green algae control" and what specific product was it?

The whole thought process behind the temporary designation is the fact that you can dump all the water and start over if things go south.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.