Replace Jandy Stealth with Hayward Super II?

HouTX

Apr 13, 2015
Houston, TX
My 10 year old SHPM2.0 Stealth pump is leaking and the motor is rattling so I shut it down and researching replacements. I have researched this and suffering from "TMI". I have narrowed it down to replacing with the same or a Hayward Super II SP3015X20AZ single speed*. In a nutshell my questions are as follows:

1. I apparently need a "high head" pump like my current one. I have not calculated Total Head but do have in ground cleaning long pipe runs, 2 skimmers, and SPA. Does this Hayward qualify?
2. Current pump is 2HP Uprated total 2.2 HP. Hayward is Maxrated 2HP total
3. Will this work with my fully automated Jandy Aqualink system? Will any programming be required or does it just send an on/off signal to the pump leads?

*Cost is an issue as we will sell this house in a year, plus the Hayward is a smaller form factor that will correct a bad original install where the pump blocks the filter drain.

Appreciate your advice

1. You need a high head because of what, the spa? Compare the head curves between the pumps. If they are about the same, they will perform the same.

2. Don't look at HP, it isn't a good predictor of performance. Focus only on the head curves.

3. It should. All controllers will power on and off a pump via the AC power relays. No control signals.

The pump you chose is a bit smaller than the Stealth so you might want to consider the Super II SP3020X252AZ. It is also a two speed so when not running the spa, you can save a lot on energy costs.

But why not just replace your pump's current motor? Much cheaper. B2983

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.