Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: I can make it RAIN!!!

1. Back To Top    #1

I can make it RAIN!!!

Well, like any other responsible pool owner, I am always checking the water level in my pool, so my strainer, and filter operate perfectly.

I notice the level going down a bit, check the weather forecast for rain and see that they are predicting typical summer time patterns (a pop-up shower forecast for the afternoon) with less than 1/5" of rain forecast for the next week. So I top up my water in the pool (leaving a bit for the rain that MAY come by).

The next day... 3+ inches of RAIN!! Forcing me to drain some of the water out of my pool.

This has happened to me BOTH times so far this year.

So I am convinced that I can indeed make it RAIN!
    14600 gal Intex 24' Round 52" deep AG Pool (Heavily Modified)
    200lb sand filter w/2 speed 1.5/0.5hp pump
    Stenner 45MHP10 Liquid Chlorine (well... bleach) Injector. Borates added.
    K-2006 test kit w/Speedstir
    Pool School - PoolMath - HIGHLY Recommended Test Kits

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: I can make it RAIN!!!

Hahahah!! I do the same thing. 102 degrees in the shade and narry a cloud in sight for 7 days out. Even the weeds are dying. I fill my pool and it floods the next morning.
    18x34 Doughboy AGP 22300K Gallons - Build Thread
    Aquaview 24" Sand Filter - 1.5 HP Powerline Pump - Barracuda Ranger - Taylor K-2006 - BBB
    Pool School and Pool Calculator

3. Back To Top    #3

I just added 5 bags of salt to mine last week. It's rained 5" since then. She's just gonna have to stay full til some water evaporates. I'm not dumping anymore salt out on the yard just because the weather won't cooperate. Western KY has had a big flash flood thunderstorm like every week for 6 weeks. It's crazy!

30K gallon IG vinyl. 1.5HP 2-speed Waterway Mustang pump. 600 lb sand filter. Polaris 280. Circupool SI-60+. TF-100

4. Back To Top    #4

Next best thing to washing your car.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

5. Back To Top    #5

Happened to me on Sunday. Cleaned and filled the pool and that night storms rolled in and sat over us for hours. Almost 3 inches of rain and an overflowing pool. Spend most of Monday cleaning out the leaves and small tree branches and getting the water chemistry back in shape. Of course if I would have waited on mother nature for rain it wouldn't have even happened... Typical. Lol

24'x52" Artesian w/ Portifino liner - Hayward 1hp powerflo matrix w/24" sand filter - AquaTrol RJ SWG. Solar heating to come. -

6. Back To Top    #6

We are experiencing drought conditions in our area so I topped off the pool a few days ago. I am still waiting for the rain.
    Coleman 16' x 48" power steel pool.

7. Back To Top    #7

We are officially in drought conditions here as well. But, true to course, I went to backwash the filter yesterday... I set the hose into the pool (knowing that I was going to lose some water), as soon as I did that, out of NOWHERE a dark cloud came over, and DUMPED on me!

The wife was out at here sisters 5 miles away, and when she came home, she told me that it was sunny there!

So I CAN make it RAIN! lol.
    14600 gal Intex 24' Round 52" deep AG Pool (Heavily Modified)
    200lb sand filter w/2 speed 1.5/0.5hp pump
    Stenner 45MHP10 Liquid Chlorine (well... bleach) Injector. Borates added.
    K-2006 test kit w/Speedstir
    Pool School - PoolMath - HIGHLY Recommended Test Kits