Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Please Help. What Skimmer weir do I need for this skimmer?? PICS included.

1. Back To Top    #1

Please Help. What Skimmer weir do I need for this skimmer?? PICS included.

Hey,

So I just took over this pool, and there is no skimmer weir. When I turn off the pump, everything the skimmer has collected goes back into the pool.

Its an Equator/Kafko skimmer. It has two little hooks at the bottom, that looks like I need a weir with a metal bar that clips in. I cannot for the life of me find what I need online.

I measured from clip to clip, and its just under 8" inches.

Can anyone help??

http://i.imgur.com/ulX3u1D.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/lneXpNq.jpg

Thanks!
    16x34 In-ground vinyl pool (22,000ish gallons), Sand Filter, K-2006 test kit, SWG

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Please Help. What Skimmer weir do I need for this skimmer?? PICS included.

This is what I found based off of your skimmer brand.

Here is the complete parts list for everything on a kafko skimmer.

24'x52" Artesian w/ Portifino liner - Hayward 1hp powerflo matrix w/24" sand filter - AquaTrol RJ SWG. Solar heating to come. -

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by Jamison04 View Post
    Thisis what I found based off of your skimmer brand.
    Thanks, but this does not have the rod that goes through it and clips in. That's the issue I am having.
    16x34 In-ground vinyl pool (22,000ish gallons), Sand Filter, K-2006 test kit, SWG

4. Back To Top    #4

I edited my post to include the link to the whole parts list. It shows everything on a parts break down.

24'x52" Artesian w/ Portifino liner - Hayward 1hp powerflo matrix w/24" sand filter - AquaTrol RJ SWG. Solar heating to come. -

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by Jamison04 View Post
    I edited my post to include the link to the whole parts list. It shows everything on a parts break down.
    Thanks. But the weir does still not come with th rod. Would need The conversion kit, but that means draining my pool below the skimmer and doing a full install.

Is is there an option for a spring weir I could buy? Or that rod somewhere ?