Bent Upright - How to Fix

tschutz1

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 7, 2013
We had a nice windstorm rip through Northern Indiana this early AM. It sent my trampoline airborne, and it crashed into the side of the pool (and subsequently flipped over the pool and up against my fence).

It was 4AM and still quite dark, so I couldn't get a good survey of any damage, but I did clearly see that one of the uprights on the pool was bent pretty good. And the top rail was a little out of whack. I kind of pulled on it a little bit and it seems like the pool walls will pop back into place, but I'm not sure how/if the support can be replaced or repaired without draining the pool.

It also did a pretty good job destroying my pool fence, but I think I'll be able to piece that back together.

Any advice?

Attachments

• PoolDamage.jpg
    PoolDamage.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 167
Do what Kim suggests. Call Inyo that part needs replacement. These uprights are important structural elements of your pool. It is very important that the top rail be securely connected all around the entire pool. It provides vital structural stability to the pool.

Looks like the pool wall is bowing out too.

I got a better look at it after coming home from work.

The upright doesn't really do anything from what I can tell.

One of the top resin rails is cracked in half. The pool rail itself is bent inward slightly. So it probably looks from that picture that the wall is bowed out, but the top rail is actually bent in a little. I'm ordering some parts and then gonna have my pool guy do the work.

I was actually able to fix it myself. As our yard has a little grade to it, that particular support (which really doesn't support anything - more there for look from what I can tell) was buried down about a foot. So that was a pain to dig out a little bit. Luckily it sort of snaps into the bottom frame and wasn't screwed in, so I wiggled it around a little bit and got it out. The top rail was slightly bent. A few whacks with a hammer got it into place. Then I just had to replace the top rail, which was relatively simple. The parts I needed cost me $94.

My trampoline was jacked up, too. Had to just get a new one.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.