Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intex SWG chlorine output

1. Back To Top    #1

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Intex SWG chlorine output

Per the manual for my combo Intex filter pump SWG unit, maximum sanitizer output is 11 grams per hour. My pool holds approximately 5000 gallons of water. I read an old post that said I can use Pool Math chlorine gas option in "Effects of adding chemicals" to calculate increase in FC.

If I'm calculating correctly, my SWG can increase my FC approximately .6 ppm per hour. Does that sound right?

This is good info to know so if I test my FC at night I can adjust the run time accordingly to my FC goal.

EDIT: I have disconnected the copper ionizer.
    AG Round Intex Ultra Frame 16'x48", 5050 gallons
    Intex 28681EG / CS20110 Combo Sand Filter Pump & Salt Water System
    Water Tech Pool Blaster Fusion < Intex Auto Pool Cleaner is king cleaner as of 8/22/16
    Intex Wall Mount Skimmer, Intex LED Pool Sprayer, TF-100, K-1766, Speedstir

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide
    Fletcher, OK

Re: Intex SWG chlorine output

you are correct great job..

It will "add" .6 ppm per hour, it may not raise it.. That is why we say to bring your FC to the level you need and then let the SWG add to it to keep fc at that level
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **