Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Newbe pool owner in Texas

1. Back To Top    #1

Newbe pool owner in Texas

Wow, this site is wonderful for people like me who are just getting started in pool operation and maintenance. The wife finally talk me into setting up a pool which I had resisted for years, so down the rabbit hole I went..... Purchased a AGP, Intex 16" ultra frame 48" deep and a salt water generator while on sale at Academy. I watched several YouTube videos on setting up a pool, so that went well. Lucky for me I found this site to learn about water chemistry because that is where the rubber really hits the road sort of speak. Working my way thru get the PH and TA down due to hard water in our town, but so far, with the information here to guide me, it's all coming together. Will be spending many hours reading the boards, gleaming all the experience the members have to offer. Thanks for setting up this board and sharing your hard learned lessons.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Newbe pool owner in Texas

Welcome Windsailor Glad you found us. We were all newbies at one time.... TroubleFree is the ONLY way I'll ever care for my pool!

Yip
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to TFP! Good to have you here
    12k IG salt; glass beads in plaster; K-2006C, K-1766, CCL, and Aussie 4in1 (HTH); Pentair Eco800 1.2HP VS; Zodiac SWC 1.3 lb/day (25 g/hr); 25" filter recycled glass; OKU solar panels; 1/2 HP solar pump; Rebel (Warrior) pool cleaner; FlowViz; prior pool AG 10k | Read Before Posting to get the best possible advice | ... and this helped me a lot!: TFPC for Beginners

4. Back To Top    #4

We're glad you found us as well. Enjoy the site and your swimming season.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!