Need pool cover clips that will fit Intex Ultra Frame

Kris T

Jul 5, 2016
Ashland, KS
We recently purchased a 22ft Intex Ultra frame above ground pool. Because we live in SW Kansas, wind and debris are an issue, and the pool must be covered when no one is swimming in it to maintain any kind of cleaness. Because of this, the cover that comes with the pool, which has holes to allow the rainwater to drain into the pool is worthless as it allows dust and other small debris to constantly dirty the water. So we have purchased a winter cover that is solid, that has a cable running through gromets on the edge that you tighten around the edge. While this works most of the time, a good Kansas storm will take it right off, so I would like to purchase cover clips to help keep the edges down. It would also make it easier to put the cover on. However, all the clips I can find say they will not fit the Intex Ultra Frame. I have googled it, I have gone to the Intex website, but I still cannot find clips that will fit the ultra frame. Does anyone know where I can find any?

Hey there Kris! Welcome to TFP!...what took you so long to get here? <snort!> Glad you found us.

Just a suggestion for your cover request- Check out how 911Medic holds his cover down. You can see pics in his most recent thread below:

911medic's MN AGP Build

I love the recycling aspect, but also the sheer weight of the water filled bottles has to work a charm I bet!

Thank you for the welcome, and I did see 911medic's thread. While it looks like a really great idea for holding down the cover over the winter, it didn't look like it would be very easy to take on and off on a daily basis. I would still prefer clips if I could find some that would go over the intex ultra frame.

What about wrapping bungie cords around it, just below the rail and over the tarp? That would be easy to take off and put back on.

Yippy, lol, i don't think those will work. Here is a pic of the horizontal beams of the Intex Ultra frame 22 ft pool, if that helps
lol found that hair clips might work if only they have a strong enough spring :crazy: 61Z0NthOTXL._SY679_.jpg.

images

Tipher, that sounds like a good idea, will check into that but I am afraid they might not be big enough, those beams are 4" at their widest part.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
We recently purchased a 22ft Intex Ultra frame above ground pool. Because we live in SW Kansas, wind and debris are an issue, and the pool must be covered when no one is swimming in it to maintain any kind of cleaness. Because of this, the cover that comes with the pool, which has holes to allow the rainwater to drain into the pool is worthless as it allows dust and other small debris to constantly dirty the water. So we have purchased a winter cover that is solid, that has a cable running through gromets on the edge that you tighten around the edge. While this works most of the time, a good Kansas storm will take it right off, so I would like to purchase cover clips to help keep the edges down. It would also make it easier to put the cover on. However, all the clips I can find say they will not fit the Intex Ultra Frame. I have googled it, I have gone to the Intex website, but I still cannot find clips that will fit the ultra frame. Does anyone know where I can find any?

I know it's been 2 years...any luck finding something to work? I've been searching since last summer for the same thing (different reason - I want to drop a regular overlap liner into my ultra frame pool and use the clamps to hold it in place. They make a kit for the round pipes but not the oval ones). I can't come up with anything. I know this is the place to go - if it can be done, someone on this forum will know how.

the link above using empty jugs seemed like a good idea..
Just a fyi for the people that do not like the holes in the middle of the solid covers.. Tuck tape works great for this i put a small pc inside and out and still holding strong.. Im due for a new cover but tape is holding strong..LOL

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.