Longtime ionizer user with staining algae/metals problem

First post, love all the info all the members give, love the do it yourself better for less reality
So about my pool chemistry I am a longtime user of a floatron ionizer, that and liquid chlorine shock have always worked when I lived in Michigan.

I now live in SC near Charleston and inherited a neglected and let go pool a few years ago with the home I purchased. This year I opened it and it was fine until the spotchy mostly blackish with some green tint spots showed up on the bottom of the vinyl pool only. Will not brush off feels like the liner if you rub a spot and I inspected them up close with a mask on. Pool is crystal clear.
I tried a few things like more liquid chlorine, then the Clorox algae side product, then Clorox shock.

today I took some of the granular shock put it in a sock and with my crocks on in the pool held it on various spots, it seemed to lighten them up.
so I vacuumed the pool, hit it with double shock treatment and a bottle I found of Royal 60 algaeside.
Ran the pool for 2 hours on circulate and just went out to look
The pool is a bit cloudy now but with a flashlight they look to be mostly gone
Bumped filter from circulate to filter and will let it run all night
More tomorrow image.jpg

Welcome to TFP!

If the powdered chlorine lightened the stain and raising the chlorine level lightened it further then the stains are organic. Raising your FC to near shock level for your CYA and brushing often will remove the stains in a couple of weeks or so. [FC/CYA][/FC/CYA]

Order a TF-100 from TFTestkits.net. It isnthe best test kit value by far. I've been buying mine there for years. Pool School - Test Kits Compared

Welcome to TFP!

If the powdered chlorine lightened the stain and raising the chlorine level lightened it further then the stains are organic. Raising your FC to near shock level for your CYA and brushing often will remove the stains in a couple of weeks or so. [FC/CYA][/FC/CYA]

Order a TF-100 from TFTestkits.net. It isnthe best test kit value by far. I've been buying mine there for years. Pool School - Test Kits Compared

Do I need to continue running my filter 24/7?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.