Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: swg

1. Back To Top    #1

eastern washington state

we had a pool installed late last summer. I was going to install a swg with it until i found out that it stain things..
    Is this true? I am still thinking about installing one... what are some of the good and bads about them
    live in eastern washington state
    18x36, Vinyl inground 24k
    Hayward 1 hp filter pump
    1 skimmer/2 returns
    24" sand filter, polaris 280 with booster pump.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Lakeland, FL

Re: swg

this article touches on it. I believe the experts will need more info about your pool and decking, features, etc to give you more exact info (pictures would be best I believe).
    16x32 21,000 gallon in-ground exposed aggregate, 1.5hp pump, 120 sqft catridge filter, birdcage, solar panels, aquavac tigershark qc robot.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Silver Spring, MD

SWGs don't have anything to do with staining.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

I'm not sure where the idea that SWG's cause staining comes from, but no one that I know of has that situation. If that was the case there would be LOTS of us upset about it!
    You might say that we tend to be a "vocal" group 8) ?

I have a Goldline (Hayward) AquaRite and Goldline Control Panel, I think that Jason has an AutoPilot with their control system. There are others.

The only "bad" thing that I can think of is that the PH has a tendency to rise faster than in a non-SWG pool, but that's something that can be resolved with a little bit of muratic acid.

It makes the pool much easier to take care of, in my opinion.
    Triad Region of NC
    18x37 Vinyl IG (24,000 gal.), BBB & GoldLine AquaLogic PS4 SWG, Hayward 1 HP Superpump / Hayward Sand Filter / Polaris 280 cleaner / 6 deck jets / Sheer Descent Waterfall (in coping) / Brick Red Concrete Coping / Stamped Concrete Deck
    Lots of oak trees, maple trees, *and* leaves!