NEWBIE need helpful advise 16x48 Intex Ultra Frame Cartridge Filter Pump Salt water

I'm saying if I use my current system and just by pass the pump and filter ... since its an all in one... won't the pump try to run without any water going to it if I put the hose direction from the sand filter to where that elbow is?.... so then the pump would be trying to run and pump with no water going to it?

arent the controls for the Swg separate from the pump controls? I have a sand filter/pump and the separate Swg.If you have one cotrol for the whole combo unit, the SWG may not run if the pump is not on.Maybe someone with that unit will chime in

Yep, I just looked up your manual. One master control turns on the pump and / or the SWG. The manual states you can run the pump without the SWG on, but not the SWG without the pump running.YOu can only try it and see. If the SWG will turns on without the pump, it will work without connecting the old pump/ Filter.Try connecting it as we figured out, have the new pump running, and try the SWG.My SWG has a flow switch that has an error code if the pump is not on. Yours may run without the old pump running if it is just a flow switch in the SWG and ube that needs to be ok for the SWG to work.

arent the controls for the Swg separate from the pump controls? I have a sand filter/pump and the separate Swg.If you have one cotrol for the whole combo unit, the SWG may not run if the pump is not on.Maybe someone with that unit will chime in

Yep, I just looked up your manual. One master control turns on the pump and / or the SWG. The manual states you can run the pump without the SWG on, but not the SWG without the pump running.YOu can only try it and see. If the SWG will turns on without the pump, it will work without connecting the old pump/ Filter.Try connecting it as we figured out, have the new pump running, and try the SWG.My SWG has a flow switch that has an error code if the pump is not on. Yours may run without the old pump running if it is just a flow switch in the SWG and ube that needs to be ok for the SWG to work.

Thanks for looking into it... yeah I'll try but might be ordering the salt water piece all by its self :( .... or I can just try hooking it up the way I said to where It just goes from the sand filter / pump to my current all in one piece.... so it goes through 2 pumps and 2 filters? IDK :(

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.