shandoug

Hi all, brand new pool owner here. Absolutely overwhelmed. Just had a 21' round 52" installed with a catridge filter. Had plain water delivered as I have a well. Your site saved me from that Pristine Blue stuff, I went in and told them" no thanks" point me to the liquid chrlorine. So now I have one those slow dissolve puck things which adds ?CYA and chlorine,and I added a gallon of chlorine. I have ph up, ph down and some algecide. I will test with the strips I got from store tomorrow and hope for the best until I can order a kit to measure levels. A lot of knowledgeable people on this site and I can't wait to learn!

Literally just ordered the tf-100. I'm only hoping those puck things don't mess up the CYA. Until I get the kit how will I know the pool is safe? The test strips would indicate if it wasn't safe though right? As long as ph and chlorine read proper levels, I'm ok? Sorry if these questions are ridiculous, I'm reading as much as I can, but there is just soo much. Honestly, I thought you put chlorine in and add base if it's to acidic and acid if it's to alkaline. Never factored in evaporation, sunlight ,minerals etc. Such an eye opener.