Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Can't find capacitor. HELP?

1. Back To Top    #1

Can't find capacitor. HELP?

I have a cheap pump. It came with the Pro Series AG pool. CP2000 cartridge pump.
    The unit is just humming. Not doing anything else.
    I took the capacitor out and had it tested. It is dead!

This is a CBB61, 14uf, +/- 5%, 250 VAC, 3 terminal/ prong. Squareven capacitor.
    I can't find a source. I have asked State Electric, Grainger, every pool store in the county, HVAC repair shops, Lowes, Home Depot, Graybar, Wesco, etc..... eBay has one but not 3 prong. Amazon doesn't have the right voltages. I have struck out. My pool is just sitting there without a pump. Help!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    13,500 gal AG vinyl soft sided pool (Pro Series), 24' round, with CP2000 cartridge filter/pump. NEW POOL OWNER. was using Baquacil and converting to chlorine

2. Back To Top    #2

Martinez, CA

Re: Can't find capacitor. HELP?

Can your u show a pic of the top of it may have 3 prongs (some have even more) normally there are only 2 actual posts.
    18,000 gunite pool/spa combo. Pebble tec, iaqualink rs8, cl580 filter, aquapure 1400, 400k btu lx heater, 10 solar panels, jandy 1hp, 1 1/2hp, and 2hp stealth pumps for circ, spa, waterfall

3. Back To Top    #3
    SouthWest Alabama

Since it's a single uf value, two of the terminals are connected internally.

Find one that matches the 14uf, 50/60 hertz, physical size and matches or exceeds the voltage rating and it'll work fine.

If you can't find one with spade lugs, you can add male spade connectors to the leads and use those.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Quaker Hill, CT

+1 to what Bama said
    15x30 AG Ovation Fantasy pool all Aluminum frame, 13,000 gal Vinyl Liner
    Pentair Super flo VS, Crystal Flo II 19" sand filter
    Aqua Comfort ACT750 heat pump
    TF-100 test kit