Need to convert to chlorine

Re: In middle of conversion to Chlorine from Baquacil. HELP!!!

I think you are right. I am just overthinking things. I do not drink Mountain Dew, but after you called it that, it is that exact color. I retread that post agin and have stopped testing for CC. Thanks for helping me relax a bit. Of course I have picked the hottest weekend this summer to convert, so I have really been going through the bleach. I got in the pool and scrubbed where the liner seams are. Hopefully that will help. Thank you for your patience and support. We have never own a pool before, so this is all new to me. I feel like I am speaking a different language.

Re: In middle of conversion to Chlorine from Baquacil. HELP!!!

Thank you. We have a teeny pump and I think that is part of the problem. We have been changing it every 8 hours, but more was probably needed. It will be hard to do it during the workweek any more than that. I will post again when my water gets clearer or if I have questions. I think I need patience.

Thank you. I changed the thread because I wasn't being patient enough I think. You were the only one who had answered in 2 days. You are right, the lack of history isn't helpful. I wondered because of not putting anything on the forum in almost two weeks had harmed us for getting help. I am just learning how to use the forum really as I have never used one before. Thank you for your help.

Mod note: I merged the two threads

I think before you do anything else, it might be helpful for us to see your latest FC results and also to know if the pool store ID'd any iron/copper in your water. From the pics you posted, it looks like your water is doing pretty well, but the FC tests will show us for sure. I wouldn't waste money on floc or anything else other than just regular bleach for now.

No copper and iron was 0.1. My TA is 131, but I am not sure that I should worry about it until I finish the conversion. My FC was low after all day in the sun without any attention and I added 2 jugs of bleach (128oz) when I got home at 7pm. At 930 we were up to 14.5. Our water is the tiniest bit less green, so probably just time. I though it would go by faster since we had less Baq when we started then most, but did not account how much the filter is needed. In my case, there has been little at the bottom and virtually no floating like others have had. Mine has mostly been suspended in the water and our filter is not made for heavy work. I appreciate everyone's support.

It's reassuring your iron level was low. Keep at it then. Do the best you can with the FC of 15 given your time away. At some point you'll get it to pass two consecutive OCLTs so you can complete the transition. The fact that you still "some" goo in there means the chlorine still has some work to do. Good luck and keep us posted. Have a nice evening.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.