"Sunken" AGP pump question

matthewfrance

Gold Supporter
Jun 26, 2016
Denham Springs, LA
I'm having a 24' round AGP (see details in signature) installed in a couple of days. The pump I bought (as recommended by the pool store guy) is a 1.5 hp Blue Torrent Bond Master. The pump and filter will be installed near the house, which will be at an elevation about 1' above the water level and approx. 25' away from the installed pool. After browsing this forum, I believe I may need a "self priming" pump- I called the pool store and was told the pump I bought would be fine....the installer, during his initial visit, said I may want to think about a 2 hp pump to make up for the distance/elevation change....
Neither the pool store guy or the installer convinced me they had the right answer...I trust the folks on this forum as I have learned so much in such a short time -- you guys are the best! Please help with your knowledge and recommendations!

Hello and welcome to TFP! :wave: Not sure if you've come to a conclusion yet, but I found THIS THREAD very interesting to read. It's a bit dated but still seemed similar to what you are going through. I hope it helps either in content, or by getting your thread some more visibly. Nice to have you with us.

Oh, and what some other might suggest ...... a check valve before the pump. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.