Polaris PB4-60 Overheating

sandyb

Apr 18, 2015
Granada Hills, Ca
I recently posted a question on what was the best option for either replacing a Sta-Rite PLBC-178L Booster Pump (circa 1999) or motor.
After some thought, I ended up replacing the pump with a Polaris PB4-60 Booster Pump ( to complement my existing Polaris 380 cleaner )
The pool is at a second home which I visit once a week, the last two weeks I found the pool green.
Wasn't sure what was happening, until I realized that the motor is apparently shutting down on thermal overload.
The daily ambient temperature has been running around 102 - 106 degrees, and the equipment is in full sun. and the pump was scheduled to run from 11AM until 6PM
I saw it shut down on three different occasions.
Is this something the you might expect to see, is this acceptable.
This is a new install (within last month, and is a new pump.)

Thsnks
Sandy

A green pool is always insufficient chlorine. The booster pump won’t affect chlorine levels.

Secondly, the booster is not the filtration pump. If the filtration pump was off, then the pool could get cloudy, and green if it affected chlorine levels.

A bad booster would only keep the cleaner from running, which would only leave debris on the floor.

The booster pump might be miswired. Otherwise, it should be ok, even in the heat.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.