Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Cody Pools build - Austin TX

1. Back To Top    #1

New Cody Pools build - Austin TX

Hello all. We selected Cody Pools over several other large builders here in the Austin area. Price was competitive but more importantly, the designer was very in-tune with our aesthetic and was most knowledgable about the local permitting process.

So far they're doing great job. Broke ground June 9 and completed everything up to plaster in about three weeks. Excavation took a while - solid limestone 2-3ft down, and access was limited. Plaster scheduled for tomorrow! We've been very happy with the builder.

Under construction: 14x26 rectangular / 13,600 Gallons / French Gray Pebblesheen. Pentair IntelliFlo 2 VST, Quad DE 100, EasyTouch P4/ScreenLogic, GloBrite LEDs, Racer. In-line chlor, Ultra UV. 3 mini-jets at tile line.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Cody Pools build - Austin TX

Nice! Welcome to TFP!
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Very nice. My pool build appears to be almost the same dimensions, volume, and depth. Is that 3.5-6ft depth?

What type of plaster are you using?
    14x28 IG Rounded Rectangle, 6" aqua tile, White plaster, Gray Acrylic deck, Pentair Intelliflo VS Pump, Pentair TR100 C Commercial Sand Filter, Stenner Econ T (NaCIO), Zodiac Baracuda Cleaner (coming soon), 4' Baja Step (18"), aerator jets, 3-step InterFab SS Ladder

4. Back To Top    #4

Thank you. It's 3.5-5-6.5. Went with French gray Pebblesheen. We also have a shelf at the second step extending across the shallow end. I'll post more pics soon.
    Under construction: 14x26 rectangular / 13,600 Gallons / French Gray Pebblesheen. Pentair IntelliFlo 2 VST, Quad DE 100, EasyTouch P4/ScreenLogic, GloBrite LEDs, Racer. In-line chlor, Ultra UV. 3 mini-jets at tile line.

5. Back To Top    #5

Looks REALLY nice. Great job! Fits the area nicely.

6. Back To Top    #6

Looks great! Can you share your coping material and width of the coping? Thanks!

7. Back To Top    #7

Looks great!

Love the picture with your dog rolling around
    Brian (Frisco, TX)
    2016 18,250 Gallon IG, Spa, Pentair Intelliflo VS, Pentair Master Temp 400k, , EastyTouch 8/ScreenLogic Surface: Pebblesheen Blue Surf with Abalone, Travertine Coping and Pavers. 3 LED in Pool 1 in Spa. New Frisco, TX Pool Build

8. Back To Top    #8

Coping is gray Lueder limestone, 2ft width. Placement was a moving target so we hired a landscape architect who put our indecisiveness to rest and came up with a very useful space plan with full privacy. Best decision ever - and I'm a DIY kinda guy. Eventually we'll build out a backyard office and kitchen/bar next to the shallow end.

IMG_2475.jpg

9. Back To Top    #9

Pebblesheen down on schedule!

IMG_2590.jpg

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelATX View Post
    Coping is gray Lueder limestone, 2ft width. Placement was a moving target so we hired a landscape architect who put our indecisiveness to rest and came up with a very useful space plan with full privacy. Best decision ever - and I'm a DIY kinda guy. Eventually we'll build out a backyard office and kitchen/bar next to the shallow end.
    I can only dream about a backyard with full privacy unforunately..... I have 5 neighbors

11. Back To Top    #11

Looks great! When do you start filling the pool?

G
    17x31 Freeform IG Gunite. Tanning shelf with 2 bubblers. Raised beam with 32" scupper. 3.5'-6'. 13.5K Gallons.
    In process, started June 2016.

12. Back To Top    #12

Can you go into a little more detail on your limited access. You're design is exactly what my wife has been interested in. Looks great, can't wait to see water.

13. Back To Top    #13

It is beautiful. Can't wait to see it done!

14. Back To Top    #14

Looks great and I can't believe fast you got it built.

My pool got plastered yesterday after almost 4 months of building and they are still as slow as ever - no acid wash or fill today.

Wondering how long it took after plaster for you to get acid wash and when they expect to fill. I'm worried about plaster sitting with no water for over a day now.
    My 2016 Build 14'x19'x35' IG Gunite 15K Gal. Roman, 4'-5' deep, 6 returns, 3 sheers
    4 deck jets, 2 Pentair XF22005 Pumps, Clean&Clear 200 Cartridge Filter, Brick Coping
    2 Pentair 5g 12v LED Pool Lights, 1 Pentair 12v Globrite LED in step area, 2 Bubblers
    Inline Chlorinator - SWG later, WetEdge Mediterranean Pebble, Intermatic MultiWave
    43'x33' Screened Paver Deck&15'x30' Lanai, Doheny Discovery (S200) Robot, TF-100