Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Another Intex Hard Line/plumb

1. Back To Top    #1

Another Intex Hard Line/plumb

So I have read a BUNCH of threads on here and have gone into the links etc. The amount of information is quite overwhelming though! I am on my second year of this pool (details in sig) and we are having a great time with it. I have used the advice for testing and maintaining (thank you). My return lines started leaking this spring, I replaced them and cant get them to stop leaking. I suspect it is the way these strainer connectors just sort of push through the liner and then the hose just clamps on. I would like to be rid of the 1.25 push through units and replace with the 1.5 screw on units. I can't seem to find them and the part numbers although I know I read about them in a tread on here. I realize I will need to trim the liner for the larger units. Anyone have the info I need for these parts?

I am pretty sure once I obtain these I can go to my local HD/LOWES and get the rest of the stuff I need (ball valves/Tees/PVC etc).

TIA and let me know if I left some info you need off or need to try to explain better
    Scott
    Intex AGP: 18X9X52" Rectangle Ultra Frame
    Intex Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump SF90110T
    Intex SWG ECO 8110

Scott

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Another Intex Hard Line/plumb

https://www.amazon.com/Hayward-SP102...KWV5D792WK0J6C
    I cut out the factory inlets and installed these.
    Intex 22' X 52" Ultra Frame AGP ( 12K gallons) , Intex 633T 2500 GPH (41 GPM) running Doughboy Silica II sand filter (16"dia. 1.4 ' S.A.) ( And doing it quite well, I might add!) Hayward through the wall skimmer, TF100 with Speed Stir. Hard plumbed, Intex fountain ...........

3. Back To Top    #3

Hey Philc, That is what I saw somewhere and I got lost! thank You. What "cover/screen" did you use for these? My stock ones screw onto mine (around the outside of the outlet) but don't appear they would work with this setup. It seems there is an internal thread for this style.
    Intex SWG ECO 8110

Scott

4. Back To Top    #4

NVM I found SP1026. That is what I was looking for. I am also ordering up a wide mouth skimmer.

Scott
    Intex SWG ECO 8110

Scott

5. Back To Top    #5

Intex 22' X 52" Ultra Frame AGP ( 12K gallons) , Intex 633T 2500 GPH (41 GPM) running Doughboy Silica II sand filter (16"dia. 1.4 ' S.A.) ( And doing it quite well, I might add!) Hayward through the wall skimmer, TF100 with Speed Stir. Hard plumbed, Intex fountain ...........

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by scooterd145 View Post
    So I have read a BUNCH of threads on here and have gone into the links etc. The amount of information is quite overwhelming though! I am on my second year of this pool (details in sig) and we are having a great time with it. I have used the advice for testing and maintaining (thank you). My return lines started leaking this spring, I replaced them and cant get them to stop leaking. I suspect it is the way these strainer connectors just sort of push through the liner and then the hose just clamps on. I would like to be rid of the 1.25 push through units and replace with the 1.5 screw on units. I can't seem to find them and the part numbers although I know I read about them in a tread on here. I realize I will need to trim the liner for the larger units. Anyone have the info I need for these parts?

I am pretty sure once I obtain these I can go to my local HD/LOWES and get the rest of the stuff I need (ball valves/Tees/PVC etc).

TIA and let me know if I left some info you need off or need to try to explain better
    Scott
    Will you post pics of what you do? Pics and part numbers would be awesome!

I'm on my second year with an Intex, so am thinking this is the route I should go?

It's my first time with an AGP and the parts do seem pretty flimsy.
    Karan - 18 ft round x 48" high - Intex ultra-frame AGP, Intex 3/4 hp pump with 14" sand filter (SF70110), Hayward 900 Wanda the Whale cleaner, Intex LED water fountain.
    18ft Round Intex Ultra Frame in The Mitten

7. Back To Top    #7

I will take some pics and post part numbers as I go. First set of parts will not be in until Tuesday next week.
    Intex SWG ECO 8110

Scott